This is the website of American Addiction Centers.
Effective Date: April 27, 2018
What Information Do We Collect From Visitors to Our Website?
Upon visiting our Sites, our server automatically logs your visit. The server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
Additionally, we collect information you expressly provide. When using our site, subscribing to our newsletter, filling out a form, commenting on our blog, or taking a certification quiz, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or other contact information. You may also be asked to provide information that will assist us in referring you or a loved one to an appropriate treatment center, such as information relating to the condition or ailment you wish to treat and your insurance information. Similarly, we may collect payment information, such as credit and debit card numbers, when you make purchases through the site.
We may monitor and/or record telephone conversations for our business purposes, such as quality assurance and training purposes and to protect our rights.
Do We Disclose Visitors’ Information to Third Parties?
We do not sell or trade to outside parties the information we collect from you other than as set forth herein. We may disclose the information we collect to third parties, including to our affiliates and business partners, who assist us in operating our Sites, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, respond to legal process (such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order), enforce our Sites’ policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. Non-personally identifiable visitor information (including unique device identifiers) may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. We may also disclose your personal information with your express consent for other purposes not listed here. We may disclose your personal information to a potential or actual acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
How Do We Use Visitors’ Information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To process a placement and/or consulting request
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our Website, address problems, and protect the security or integrity of the Site and our business (we continually strive to improve our Website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To administer a promotion, survey or other Website feature
- To communicate with you about information and updates pertaining to your placement and/or consulting request
We may use non-personal information for statistical analysis, research, and other purposes.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Opt Out of Cookies
Below is a list of all services used by our site that have access to non-identifiable information of Users. Each service has its own opt-out procedures, which can be accessed via links below.
- Google Analytics: These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports on general user traffic, conversion statistics and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information anonymously. We also use Google’s Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) with Google Analytics.
- AB Tasty: These cookies are used to ensure that the solution can function correctly and guarantees that the tests carried out are reliable by recognizing a visitor as unique each time they visit (remembers that it is the same visitor without actually knowing who it is). In particular, the cookies log which version of the test the visitor is using, with the sole purpose of being able to direct them back to the same version during future visits in order not to cause behavioral differences and consequently lead to misleading results. Under no circumstances do these cookies store any information that identifies visitors.
- Call Rail: These cookies are used to allow our website to use certain functionality offered by CallRail through the Services, such as the ability to associate your calls with the customer and your activity on the customer’s website.
- Drift: These cookies are used to allow our website to use certain functionality offered by Drift Bot through the Services, such as the ability to associate your activity on the customer’s website.
- Optinmonster: These cookies are used to ensure that the solution can function correctly and guarantees that the tests carried out are reliable by recognizing a visitor as unique each time they visit (remembers that it is the same visitor without actually knowing who it is). In particular, the cookies log which version of the test the visitor is using, with the sole purpose of being able to direct them back to the same version during future visits in order not to cause behavioral differences and consequently lead to misleading results. Under no circumstances do these cookies store any information that identifies visitors.
I’m Cookie-Free. Now What?
The final step is to instruct your browser to allow first-party cookies while blocking third-party cookies.
- Chrome: Go to Preferences > Privacy > Content settings. Open the Cookies tab and select “Block third-party cookies.”
- Firefox: Go to Preferences > Privacy > History. The default setting is “Remember history.” Change it to “Use custom settings for history” to reveal your cookies options. For third-party cookies, you have three options: “Always,” “Never,” and “From visited.”
- Safari: Apple’s browser features the same cookie compromise–“Allow [cookies] from websites I visit”—which can be found at Preferences > Privacy.
Here’s how to clear cookies in three popular browsers.
- Chrome: Under the Chrome tab at the top left of your screen, click “Clear browsing data.” Check the box: “Cookies and other site data.” Then click the bar at the bottom right of the window that says “Clear browsing data.”
- Firefox: Under the Firefox tab at the upper left of your screen, go to Preferences > Privacy & Security > Show Cookies > Remove All.
- Safari: Under the Safari tab at the upper right of your screen, go to Preferences > Privacy > Manage Website Data > Remove All.
American Addiction Centers is a for-profit addiction treatment provider. No funding is generated from any advertising or external sources, and there is no conflict of interest to disclose on this website or the content herein. Our funding is generated by substance abuse treatment services provided at our facilities. We do not host banner ads or any other advertising on our website as a source of funding.
How Do Our Sites Handle Do-Not-Track Signals?
Some browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) feature that, when activated, signals to websites and online services that you do not want to be tracked. However, there is not yet an accepted standard for how to respond to browser DNT signals, and we do not currently respond to them.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California customers are entitled to request information relating to whether a business has disclosed Personal Information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California customers who wish to request further information about our compliance with this statute or who have questions more generally about our Notice and our privacy commitments to our customers should not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
We do not direct the Website to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under the age of thirteen.
American Addiction Centers will use reasonable means to protect the privacy of the information you send us by email. However, because of the risks outlined below, American Addiction Centers cannot guarantee that email communications will be confidential. Additionally, American Addiction Centers will not be liable in the event that you or anyone else inappropriately uses your email.
We maintain reasonable and appropriate measures designed to maintain information we collect in a secure manner. We have taken certain physical, electronic, and administrative steps to safeguard and secure the information we collect from Website visitors. Even though we follow reasonable procedures to try to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your information will be secure in all circumstances.
All of the contents on the Sites, including any images, text, external links, graphics or any other material posted on the Sites, are intended solely for informational purposes. The information contained herein may be written by non-medical professionals and is not necessarily a substitute for professional medical advice, treatment or diagnosis of any disease or disability. Please seek advice consulting a qualified medical professional with any questions that you may have regarding your physical or mental health condition(s). If you are experiencing thoughts of suicide or any other medical emergency dial 911 or visit your local emergency room.
The Sites contain links to external websites and references to other resources that are not associated with our Sites. We have no control over these third-party resources and make no warranty or representation as to the content of those resources. Their inclusion does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation.
American Addiction Centers
200 Powell Place
Brentwood, TN 37027